Our client is a Belgian ICT company and technology visionary active in cross-platform migrations of large mission-critical software applications.
To strengthen their development team in Antwerp, they are currently looking for an enthusiastic and flexible Java and C# developer.
The main responsibility is the development and ongoing maintenance of software (primarily developed in Java and C#) that falls in four categories:
- Conversion tools that automatically convert legacy data-structures, data and application code in modern OO languages.
- Runtime libraries that help the migrated code ensure 100% functional equivalence.
- Testing tools that help automate the functional testing of migrated applications.
- Productivity tools that provide our customers with an improved maintenance experience after migration (E.g. Visual Studio and Eclipse plugins for the visual editing of panels and generation of code).
Additionally, the developer supports the project teams which are responsible for the deployment of their migration solution on their clients’ systems, in terms of setup, configuration, tuning and troubleshooting.
- Extensive professional experience in Java;
- Professional experience in C#;
It is equally important that you are:
- Passionate about technology;
- Eager to learn (about) both old and new technologies;
- Willing to keep up with technology trends;
- Ready to take on challenges for which no clear solutions exist yet;
- Interested to work on large international projects and travel if need be;
Nice to have:
- A bachelor and/or master degree in information technology / computer science;
- Professional experience in C/C++;
What our client offers
- A positive atmosphere in an international company with a growing partner ecosystem;
- A dynamic team having a pool of expertise and references in legacy system migrations;
- The ability to keep your knowledge up-to-date and learn new technologies;
- A high degree of flexibility including flexible hours, home office, extra leave, career planning;
- A competitive salary completed by additional benefits and a high degree of flexibility