Our customer operates container terminals in the port of Antwerp. For their IT department we are looking for an Application Rollout Engineer.
This Rollout Project Expert provides project management and implementation services for products under the global IT Portfolio to existing and potential Terminals.
He/she provides first and second line application support services for the customer’s application suite, working as a global team.
Accountabilities for Rollout Project Management and Implementation:
1) Implementation & Rollout Management and Execution
- Setup & Configure TOS system together with the Business Process Management & Delivery team
- Design and implement agreed cutover approach together with Terminal
- Prepare all relevant design documentation on needed basis, e.g. cutover strategy
- Prepare Training material
- Conduct “Train-the-Trainers” (commonly known as Super Users) training
- Provide technical training to Terminal IT on needed basis only related to the customer’s Portfolio
- Based on the TOS configuration: hardware/software setup arrangement, install & configure all applications
- Provide UAT and rollout support on-site
2) System Integration
Assist the external vendor and/or in-house development team on application system design, testing & implementation for migrating the local terminal services to the new environment
- Work with Documentation Manager and keep up-to-date the new changes & functionalities in the applications as well as training material for the rollout terminal
- To prepare and handover all relevant project material to 1st & 2nd Line Support during post implementation &
Accountabilities for Application Support:
1) Application Support
- Define, implement, execute and monitor 1st and 2nd level application support processes to best support
- Register and troubleshoot all reported incidents and service requests through remote application support
- Collaborate with Development Teams, IT help desk and project and program managers to ensure best support to
- Monitor the ticketing system for escalations from level 1 support
- Timely provide for internal notification on possible escalations to Support Team Lead and/or Account Manager
- Perform root cause analysis to differentiate critical from non-critical issues
- Identify repeating patterns and issues in order to contribute to efficient problem management
- Participate in standby duty 24/7
2) Service Levels
- Establish Service Level Agreements (SLA) that are in-line with customer needs and contracts
- Establish Key Performance Indicator’s for 2nd Line Support
- Solution oriented by complains / problems
3) Professional Services
- Software installations (upgrades, fixes)
- Changes in environment configuration and updating software configuration documentation
- Project implementation assistance (i.e. technical guidance, data migration)
4) Support Knowledge Base
- Contribute in documenting problems/solutions in the product knowledge base for efficient resolution of future
problems or issues
- Monitor knowledge base within 2nd Line Support Team
This role reports to the Application Support and Rollout Manager.
Education: Master or bachelor degree in IT, Computer Sciences or other relevant fields
Experience: Min 4 years of working experience in IT
Working experience with virtual teams and offshore development
Knowledge of ITIL Service Operation and basic understanding of ITIL Service Transition and
Continual Service Improvement
Languages: Strong command in both written and spoken Dutch/English
Travel: Willing to travel occasionally
· Experience on DB2, Java, SQL, Oracle Database & LINUX
· Wide knowledge of computer environments, including server, desktop, handhelds & vehicle mounted terminal
· Strong familiarity with Help Desk tools
· Strong customer relationship management skills.
· Effective communicator with strong presentation & negotiation skills.
· Sound problem solving skills
· Ability to act autonomously, bring structure and organization to work
· Strong analytical and supervisory skills.
· Ability to take pressure and work under tight schedule.
· Responsible attitude and discipline.
· Motivator, self-starter, logical and deadline oriented.
· You will work in the challenging, no-nonsense and thriving environment in Antwerp.
· You join a result driven team, with colleagues focused on results, technical expertise, team work and open communication.
· The customer will offer you interesting possibilities for personal development and trainings.
· The customer will offer you a competitive salary package & interesting fringe benefits